General Terms of Sale
These Terms of Sale set out the conditions upon which Kristin Høgsve-Mouton will accept work from clients.
APPLICABILITY AND VALIDITY OF TERMS OF SALE
All orders placed imply the client’s full acceptance of these Terms of Sale, without any reservation whatsoever and to the exclusion of any other document.
No special terms will take precedence over these Terms of Sale unless expressly stated in writing on the final and binding purchase order.
The execution of any service by the Service Provider implies the Client accepts these Terms of Sale and waives his own general terms and conditions. Any other disposition, in the absence of manifest consent, will be ineffective against the Service Provider, regardless of the time at which he/she may have been made aware of it.
Any condition to the contrary shall not be binding to the Service Provider unless expressly accepted by the Service Provider in writing, regardless of when the Service Provider becomes aware of the condition. That the Service Provider does not exercise one or more of the provisions in these Terms of Sale shall not be interpreted as a waiver of the Service Provider’s right to exercise any of the provisions in these Terms of Sale at a later date.
QUOTES AND ORDERS
Each order placed by the Client shall be preceded by a free quote issued by the Service Provider based on the documents to be translated or information provided by the Client.
The quote the Service Provider sends to the Client by regular mail, electronic mail, or fax shall include:
- The number of words or pages to be translated;
- The language pair;
- The way in which the translation was priced. A translation is billed either at a flat rate, at an hourly rate, or based on the Service Provider’s rates at the time the quote is prepared, such as the number of words in the text to be translated or number of target words in the translated text, according the Statistics function in Microsoft Word, by line, page, or by hour.
- The date of delivery of the translation;
- The format of the translated documents in case a specific layout has been requested;
- Any special rates applied because of urgency, specific research, or any other service that goes beyond the services usually provided by the Service Provider.
To confirm an order, the Client must return the unaltered quote with the Client’s written approval and signature to the Service Provider by regular mail or fax if the quote was sent to the Client by regular mail or fax. If the Client received the quote by electronic mail, the Client may confirm the order by expressing this clear acceptance by return electronic mail. If the Service Provider does not receive the order confirmation, the Service Provider reserves the right not to commence work on the project concerned.